Let's Dish: Mexican Corn
May 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Grilling or roasting sweet corn is Chris Koetke's favorite way to make corn!
The Let's Dish host says charring the husk adds wonderful layers of flavor. By serving them like they do in Mexico, called Elotes, they are then slathered with lime mayonnaise, cheese, and chile powder. Here is his recipe!"
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus 1-2 hours soaking time)
Cook time: 15-20 minutes or 30-45 minutes
6 ears corn (with husks still on), soaked in cold water for 1-2 hours
Lime mayonnaise (recipe below)
1/2 cup grated Mexican cheese
Chile powder to taste
1. To grill, place corn on a moderately hot grill. Grill corn for 15-20 minutes. To roast the corn, place on a baking sheet and put in a 375° F oven for 30-45 minutes. To test doneness, peel back some of the husk to see if the kernels are tender.
2. To serve, shuck the corn, slather with with lime mayonnaise, and then sprinkle with cheese, chile powder and salt.
Lime Mayonnaise, cheese, and chile powder
1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1. Combine mayonnaise and lime juice.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes underwater 1 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 42 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mumps cases spike reported across Illinois 1 min ago
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos