Let's Dish: Crusted Salmon
Chris Koetke, host of Let's Dish, has a great way to add texture and lots of little bursts of flavor to your favorite fish, here is his three-seed crusted fish
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Four 5-6 ounce fillets of fish
2 Tablespoons oil
Cucumber red onion salad (below)
1. In a bowl combine coriander, fennel, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Coat both sides of the fish with the seeds. Be sure to press them well into the flesh.
3. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil when hot.
4. Add the fish without crowding the pan, coated side down first and cook several minutes until browned.
5. Using a spatula, carefully turn fish. Continue to cook the fish several more minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
6. Serve hot with cucumber red onion salad.
Cucumber Red Onion Salad
1 seedless cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced very thinly
1/ 3 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix all ingredients and serve.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos