Let's Dish: Crusted Salmon
Chris Koetke, host of Let's Dish, has a great way to add texture and lots of little bursts of flavor to your favorite fish, here is his three-seed crusted fish
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Four 5-6 ounce fillets of fish
2 Tablespoons oil
Cucumber red onion salad (below)
1. In a bowl combine coriander, fennel, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Coat both sides of the fish with the seeds. Be sure to press them well into the flesh.
3. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil when hot.
4. Add the fish without crowding the pan, coated side down first and cook several minutes until browned.
5. Using a spatula, carefully turn fish. Continue to cook the fish several more minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
6. Serve hot with cucumber red onion salad.
Cucumber Red Onion Salad
1 seedless cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced very thinly
1/ 3 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix all ingredients and serve.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 3 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra delays after man hit by train on NW Side 28 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 19 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago 20 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 6 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77
47 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
3 min ago