Grilling for Mom
May 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mother's Day is always a great opportunity to treat mom to a nice meal.
Since we are heading into the grilling season, we brought Chef Jesus Garcia and General Manager Keith Sansone of Sullivan's Steakhouse Chicago (http://sullivanssteakhouse.com/) to our ABC 7 studio to show us how to make a Broiled Tenderloin Benedict.
Sullivan's Steakhouse Chicago: 415 N. Dearborn
Sullivan's Steakhouse Naperville: 244 South Main Street
Sullivan's Steakhouse Lincolnshire: 250 Marriot Drive
Chef Jesus Garcia's Broiled Tenderloin Benedict
2 ea Eggs, Whole, Poached
1 ea English Muffin, Split & Toasted
2 ea Beef, Filet Medallions, Broiled, 2 oz
2 oz Hollandaise Sauce, Heated, (recipe)
1 tbsp Green Onion, Bias Cut 1/8th Inch Thick
6 oz Home Style Potatoes, Heated, (recipe)
¼ tsp Parsley, Fresh Chopped
1 tbsp Salt & Pepper Mix
1. Season filet medallions with salt & pepper mix and broil to desired temperature.
2. If eggs have been poached in advanced then reheat them by re-submerging the eggs in simmering water till warmed throughout.
3. Blot on a towel when removing the eggs from water and shape if needed.
4. Place toasted English muffin onto a warm 12-inch oval platter then top with cooked filet medallions on each muffin.
5. Top each medallion with the warm poached eggs.
6. Spoon ½ ounce of hollandaise on each poached egg and garnish each egg with ½ tbsp of green onions.
7. Sprinkle top of eggs with chopped parsley then add portion of home-style potatoes to platter as seen in photo and serve.
Slotted Kitchen Spoon
Broiler or Toaster
1 Ounce Ladle
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport