Grilling Season - Tony Stallone
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Memorial Day weekend marks the start to the grilling season, and what says grilling better than a juicy, plump, flavorful burger over a hot fire in the backyard?
If you want to perfect your skills for that or just want to try something new, Tony Stallone with Peapod (www.peadpod.com) has grilling tips. He came into our ABC 7 studio to show off a few recipes.
Pickled Red Onions
½ c. sugar
½ c. rice vinegar
½ c. water
1 jalapeno, halved lengthwise
2 ½ c. red onion, julienned
Combine first four ingredients in medium saucepan.
Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Add red onions, stir to coat, then remove from heat.
Cover pan, and allow to cool for 1 hour.
Drain liquid, and transfer to storage container.
Refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Backyard Spicy Burger Sauce
½ c. mayonnaise
¼ c. Dijon mustard
¼ c. sriracha hot chili sauce
Whisk ingredients together, and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77