Grilling Season - Tony Stallone
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Memorial Day weekend marks the start to the grilling season, and what says grilling better than a juicy, plump, flavorful burger over a hot fire in the backyard?
If you want to perfect your skills for that or just want to try something new, Tony Stallone with Peapod (www.peadpod.com) has grilling tips. He came into our ABC 7 studio to show off a few recipes.
Pickled Red Onions
½ c. sugar
½ c. rice vinegar
½ c. water
1 jalapeno, halved lengthwise
2 ½ c. red onion, julienned
Combine first four ingredients in medium saucepan.
Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Add red onions, stir to coat, then remove from heat.
Cover pan, and allow to cool for 1 hour.
Drain liquid, and transfer to storage container.
Refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Backyard Spicy Burger Sauce
½ c. mayonnaise
¼ c. Dijon mustard
¼ c. sriracha hot chili sauce
Whisk ingredients together, and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 10 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 19 min ago
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics 29 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos