Chef Art Smith's 'Healthy Comfort' cookbook, recipes, weight loss
Chef Art Smith is teaming up with Merck on its Taking Diabetes to Heart campaign to educate people living with Type 2 diabetes to understand that small, but important, changes in their lifestyle, including food choices, can help them better manage the disease.
Smith weighed 325 pounds when he was diagnosed in 2008, committed to a healthy lifestyle and lost over 100 lbs to better manage the disease. As well as being a chef and an author, he is now also an accomplished restaurateur. He is the executive chef and co-owner of Table fifty-two, Art and Soul, Southern Art, and LYFE Kitchen restaurants. In late 2011 he opened Joanne's, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan with Lady Gaga's parents.
Over 120 pounds overweight and facing a personal health crisis that included diagnoses for diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, Smith started to exercise and made changes to his diet while continuing to prepare scrumptious meals.
For the first time, he shares his weight-loss secrets and the recipes that helped him keep off the pounds. Filled with stunning full-color photos and easy-to-follow directions, Art Smith's ''Healthy Comfort'' is a culinary pleasure that will put you on the path to a new, healthy lifestyle.
More Information can be found at takingdiabetestoheart.com.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids 46 min ago
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody... 38 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand