Let's Dish: Breakfast Sausage
June 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Making your own sausage may sound challenging. But when it comes to breakfast patties, they're really easy to make.
Live Well Network's Chris Koetke has a recipe to help make your next breakfast delicious without spending tons of time in the kitchen. You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network (livewellnetwork.com).
Recipe for Breakfast Sausage
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the patties)
Yield: 5 pounds of sausage
5 lbs. very cold ground pork
2 Tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1½ teaspoons white pepper
2½ teaspoons ground sage
2 teaspoons chile flakes, ground in the spice grinder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1¼ teaspoons ground thyme
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1¼ teaspoons ground coriander
1 Tablespoon sugar
¾ cup water cold water
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except pork.
2. Pour the liquid spice mixture into the cold ground pork. Mix vigorously until the meat becomes slightly elastic.
3. Form the meat into small patties about 3" in diameter.
4. To cook, sauté the patties over moderate heat until they are cooked through (165 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer), 5 to 10 minutes.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos