Let's Dish: Homemade Mustard
June 10, 2013 -- Making your own homemade condiments is a great way to add some spice to your meals, and Let's Dish host Chris Koetke shares a recipe for his favorite one, mustard!
Prep time: 20 min plus 1 day of soaking time.
Cook time: 0
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
1/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
1/4 cup brown mustard seeds
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1. Soak mustard seeds in vinegars. If they are not completely covered, add some water to cover. Let sit at room temperature for 1 day.
2. The next day, place all ingredients in a blender. Puree until the mustard has become smooth, but still with some pieces of mustard seeds left.
3. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap