Let's Dish: Maple Butter
June 10, 2013 -- Serving a flavored butter is a creative way to add some pizzazz to your dinner table.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 1 stick of butter
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ teaspoons cracked black pepper
3 Tablespoons real maple syrup
Several pinches salt
1. Combine butter, pepper, syrup, and salt.
2. Put butter into an attractive serving container and serve with hot rolls, vegetables, or roasted squash or sweet potatoes.
Cracked black pepper can be purchased or prepared by grinding whole black peppercorns in a spice grinder or crushing them with the bottom of a heavy pot.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 26 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 25 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 21 min ago
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 21 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship 33 min ago
- Fans gear up for Bulls, Blackhawks playoffs
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos