Let's Dish: Maple Butter
June 10, 2013 -- Serving a flavored butter is a creative way to add some pizzazz to your dinner table.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 1 stick of butter
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ teaspoons cracked black pepper
3 Tablespoons real maple syrup
Several pinches salt
1. Combine butter, pepper, syrup, and salt.
2. Put butter into an attractive serving container and serve with hot rolls, vegetables, or roasted squash or sweet potatoes.
Cracked black pepper can be purchased or prepared by grinding whole black peppercorns in a spice grinder or crushing them with the bottom of a heavy pot.
- Chicago Weather: Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 6 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square 5 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 52 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago