Mediterranean Freekeh Salad
June 11, 2013 -- From Bonnie Matthews, Freekeh Foods
1 (8 oz) pkg. cracked freekeh (about 1 cup) (use Original or Rosemary Sage)
2 1/2 - 3 cups water or vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups pitted Kalamata olives,cut in half
1 1/2 cups (or more) fire-roasted tomatoes or sun dried tomatoes
2 - 4 garlic cloves crushed (or more)
fresh basil, chopped
pine nuts, lightly toasted in olive oil
2 - 3 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon
pearled fresh mozzerella balls
options: Add garbanzo or cannellini beans.
Add the following seasonings to taste:?
sea salt, olive oil, oregano, black pepper
Step 1 - Cook Freekeh according to package instructions.
Step 2 - While freekeh is cooking, cut olives, tomatoes and basil.
Step 3 - Toast pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat in 1 teaspoon olive oil until golden.Once done, let cool.
Step 4 - When freekeh is done, allow to cool.
Step 5 - Once freekeh is cool, in a large bowl, add all other ingredients. Add more seasoning to taste. Serve room temperature.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 11 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 16 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
16 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
11 min ago