Picnic food from Arturo Gomez, ˇAY CHIWOWA!
June 29, 2013 (WLS) -- Summer means a lot of outdoor dining, and that means you might be planning a picnic.
How can you spice it up a bit? Arturo Gomez, President / Partner of Rockit Ranch Productionsshows us easy-to-make dishes that are perfect for your picnic basket.
311 W. Chicago Avenue
Hours of operation:
Thursday through Sunday, 5 p.m. to 4 a.m. (Saturdays until 5 a.m.).
4 Ears of corn
6 Roma tomatoes
1 Red onion
3 tbs Cilantro
1 Jalapeno (small)
1.5 tsp Salt
.75 tsp pepper
Roast the corn on the grill until the corn is slightly charred.
Continue to cook the corn for 25 minutes in the oven at 325 degrees.
Once the corn has cooled down, cut the kernels off the stalk.
Cube the tomatoes, onions and jalapenos, combine with chopped cilantro in a bowl, and add lemon juice.
Mix all of the ingredients, then add the corn.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
1.5 oz Lunazul blanco tequila
Squeeze of fresh orange wedge to taste
Top with diet ginger beer
Combine the tequila, fresh orange juice and ginger beer over ice in a glass. Stir as desired.
1 Tsp Chili Pikin
1 Tsp Salt
.001 oz Oil
4.5 oz Jicama
1 oz Pickled onion
Peel the jicama and cucumber, and cut them into ¾ inch cubes.
Peel the orange, and break it into natural segments.
In a bowl, add jicama, orange segments and cucumber, and mix with salt, chili pikin, diced onions and lemon juice.
Slice the beet paper thin, and quickly fry it in oil.
Arrange beet slices on the top of the salad as a garnish.
Ham and Cheese Tortas
2 oz Ham
1 Bolillo Roll
1.5 oz Fried Beans
1.5 oz Sour Cream
1.5 oz Jalapenos
1.5 oz Cheddar Cheese
Cut the bolillo roll in half. Butter each half, and toast in an oven for 4 minutes at 400 degrees. To build the sandwich, add fried beans, ham, sour cream and jalapenos. Top with cheese, and toast in the oven for 2 minutes. Cut the sandwich in half and serve.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area