Fire Up that Grill: Angry Halibut recipe
July 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chef Steve Chiappetti says dry spice rubs are a great way to spice up your next BBQ or just a summertime family meal. Instead of sticky sauces for grilling this summer, try these clean, fresh and fiery flavors.
Wow! What a great way to spice up your next bbq or just a family meal. Clean fresh and fiery flavors to your next dinner
Angry Halibut with a Fiery Mango Salad
Halibut fillet (can substitute salmon) 4 pc 6 ounce
Chili powder 1 tbsp
Cumin 2 tsp
Paprika 2 tsp
Dry mustard 1 tsp
Coriander ground 1 tsp
Dill 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Mango 2 pc
Red onion 2 pc
Cucumber 2 pc
Avocado 2 pc
Cilantro 1 bunch
Cayenne pepper ½ tsp
Limes 3 pc
For the Spice Rub:
* In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together, making sure that the spices are well combined. Add spices to a saucepan and heat up over the grill to bring out the flavors. To get even more aroma and flavors from the spices, grind them up in a coffee grinder for 10 seconds.
For the Halibut:
* Rub the halibut with olive oil and then dredge the halibut into the dry spices.
* Place onto a hot grill and turn the halibut to get cross marks on the fish. Cook until medium in temperature and set aside. Typically takes 12-15 minutes.
For the Salad:
* Peel the mango and cut into long slices. Peel and slice the onion into long strips as well. Peel the cucumber and avocado and cut into similar long strips as well.
* In a bowl, put all the salad ingredients together and toss with cayenne pepper cilantro, and lemon or lime juice. Chef Chiappetti recommends using a spray bottle with fresh lemon/lime juice. Then, add a little bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
* Place the salad in the center of the plate and top with the halibut.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 11 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago 2 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77