Cooking With Corn: Elote Crab Dip recipe
July 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Whether it's boiled, grilled, or baked, corn is one of the world's most widely used food staples.
Amidst the popularity, many individuals make the mistake of simply using corn as a mediocre side dish, ignoring the versatility it offers as a fresh and flavorful ingredient to main dishes. As corn begins to come into season in many parts of the US, many people have started to give this popular grain a second look. The unique texture and flavor corn brings to the dinner table is the perfect addition to many summer dishes. The July/August issue of "Plate Magazine" calls corn "Summer's Sweet Gold" and the issue is full of ideas of how to cook up this summertime vegetable.
Plate Magazine, plateonline.com
ELOTE CRAB DIP
Plate Magazine Editor Chandra Ram prepares Elote Crab Dip
Old Town Tortilla Factory - Scottsdale, Ariz., USA
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Menu Price: $14.99; Food Cost/Serving: 27%
Tomatoes, diced 2 each
Avocado, diced 1 each
Cilantro, chopped 1 C, plus 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
Freshly ground black pepper 1 TBS, plus as needed
Red pepper, roasted, skinned, diced 1 each
Green pepper, roasted, skinned, diced 1 each
Red onion, roasted, skinned, diced 1 each
Corn ear, roasted 1 each
Lime juice 1 TBS
Mayonnaise 1 C
Sour cream 1 C
Garlic clove, chopped 1 each
Blue crab meat 16 Oz
Tortilla chips as needed
1. Combine tomatoes, avocado and 1 cup cilantro in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add peppers, onions, corn and lime juice.
2. In separate bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 tablespoon black pepper, garlic and remaining cilantro until well blended.
3. Add sauce on top of roasted vegetable mixture and top with blue crab meat. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 49 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 55 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
42 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning...
55 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
49 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos