August 24, 2013 -- When you're having a dinner party, corn custard is a great dish to make for company because you can make it ahead of time and reheat it when you need it. Let's Dish host Chris Koetke has the recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
2 cups half & half
8 large eggs
1 pound extra sweet frozen corn, defrosted
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon paprika
3 strips of thick sliced bacon
1 cup finely chopped Spanish onion
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
1 ½ cups extra sweet frozen corn, defrosted
4 green onions
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a food processor or blender, place half and half, eggs, 1 pound corn, maple syrup, salt and paprika. Process until corn is finely chopped. Set aside.
3. Dice bacon into small pieces. Place in a large skillet set over medium heat and cook until the bacon is crispy.
4. Meanwhile, thinly slice the green onion, white and green parts. Set aside.
5. Add the chopped Spanish onion and minced garlic to the bacon in the sauté pan. Continue cooking until the onion is golden brown. Add the roasted peppers, 1 ½ cups corn and green onions and heat until mixture is warm. Divide corn mixture between 12 - 6 oz ramekins. Place the ramekins in a large roasting pan.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the vegetables in the ramekins and mix with a spoon to combine.
7. Carefully place the roasting pan into the center of the oven and fill with hot water to create a water bath for the custard. The water level should come half way up the ramekins.
8. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until the custard is just set in the middle.
9. Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat later in the microwave.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 21 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM 56 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery 58 min ago
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes 4 min ago
- Attempted child abduction reported on West Side
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville 36 min ago
- CTA Red Line resumes service 47th to 95th/Dan Ryan
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Wonder Lake man charged with sexually abusing juvenile
- 'Blues Brothers' mall chase recreated with...
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- Missing woman's body found near Libertyville
46 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters,...
22 min ago