Fall French Market: Chocolate mousse with whipped cream
November 3, 2013 -- French cuisine, culture and crafts are among the items you'll find at a special fair in Chicago from November 8 through November 10, 2013.
The Fall French Market is hosted every year by the Lycée Franšais de Chicago, and proceeds go to student programs and resources, including needs-based financial aid and extracurricular opportunities.
The annual fall market showcases nearly 100 local business vendors selling local art, attire, accessories, home décor, desserts, cuisine, and more. Nicole Quaisser, Lycée Franšais parent and co-owner of LM Restaurant Group, and Ben Reaves, Chef de Cuisine at LM Bistro, came into our ABC 7 Eyewitness News studio to tell us all about he event and to share a recipe for a French dessert.
Lycée Franšais Fall French Market
Friday, November 8th through Sunday, November 10th
Friday: 7 - 10 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
640 W. Irving Park Rd.
Friday night preview party: $35 in advance, $45 at the door
Saturday and Sunday Market: $5 at the door for adults, kids free!
Tickets available in advance: www.FallFrenchMarket.com
Chef Ben's Recipe:
Chocolate mousse with whipped cream
4 oz heavy cream
4 oz dark chocolate
1 oz granulated sugar
1/2 oz hazelnut liquor
2 ea. eggs separated
2 ea. nitrous oxide whipped cream charges
Over low heat, gently warm the cream, chocolate, sugar and hazelnut liquor until the chocolate is just melted.
Remove from heat and beat in egg yolks one at a time.
Pour mixture into pint sized whipped cream canister.
Add egg whites, screw on lid and shake vigorously.
Charge with nitrous oxide, shaking vigorously after each charge.
Chill and serve.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD