A new season for seafood lovers
May 20, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two prized catches at this time of year include soft-shell crabs and wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon from the Copper River.Owner of Dirk's Fish and Gourmet Shop, Dirk Fucik talked about these two in-season catches with ABC7's Hungry Hound Steve Dolinsky on Friday.
You could certainly shop for seafood in a giant grocery store, but one of the nice things about visiting a small shop is that you get to talk to the fishmonger, find out what's in-season and even get some cooking tips. Dolinsky says Dirk Fucik is one such guy.
Dirk's Fish & Gourmet Shop
2070 N. Clybourn Ave.
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap