Champagne not just for special occasions
March 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For the past 30 years, Chicago's Pops for Champagne has been celebrating with bubbly -- nearly every day.
Pops started with a cozy little spot on Sheffield in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood in the 1980s, then there was a brief satellite location in Highwood. Now, the champagne bar is firmly settled into its River North location at Tree Studios.
And at Pops, every day is worth celebrating. Tom Verhey, the cofounder of Pops for Champagne, and Craig Cooper, the beverage director, suggested some sparkling wines that are reason enough to celebrate: Jean Vesselle Brut Reserve, Buglioni Il Vigliaco and Rack & Riddle Blanc de Noirs.
Pops for Champagne
601 North State Street Chicago, IL 60611
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
- Chicago fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ex-Benedictine monk pleads guilty to child abduction charge 18 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in...
- Man pleads not guilty to killing wife with machete, suffocating...
- Temps fall, snow expected Sunday
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55
- Homeowner tied up during La Grange Park robbery
- 2 men charged with felony mail theft
- Uptown fire forces residents out of apartments