Champagne not just for special occasions
March 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For the past 30 years, Chicago's Pops for Champagne has been celebrating with bubbly -- nearly every day.
Pops started with a cozy little spot on Sheffield in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood in the 1980s, then there was a brief satellite location in Highwood. Now, the champagne bar is firmly settled into its River North location at Tree Studios.
And at Pops, every day is worth celebrating. Tom Verhey, the cofounder of Pops for Champagne, and Craig Cooper, the beverage director, suggested some sparkling wines that are reason enough to celebrate: Jean Vesselle Brut Reserve, Buglioni Il Vigliaco and Rack & Riddle Blanc de Noirs.
Pops for Champagne
601 North State Street Chicago, IL 60611
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos