4th annual Baconfest set for this weekend
April 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If you love bacon, this weekend marks the Super Bowl of the local bacon lover's calendar.
It's the fourth annual Baconfest, going on at the UIC Forum.
And even though it's sold out, there are plenty of local events and dinners going on around the event.
This year, a lot of local restaurants are getting into the spirit and prolonging the cured pork fest with specials and dinners extending well into the next few weeks.
Held annually at the UIC Forum, just minutes from downtown Chicago, Baconfest is an indoor festival dedicated to America's favorite cured meat. Chefs from local and national restaurants riff on the theme of bacon, presenting thousands of guests with tasting portions of bacon-centric dishes. A panel of local food writers award a passel of Golden Rasher trophies to recognize special achievement. Brewers, distillers and mixologists collaborate on the perfect liquid accompaniments. Bacon-makers, crafters and other bacontrepreneurs sample and sell bacon tchtochkes, sweets and crafts in the Vendor Expo.
Baconfest Chicago 2012 is the fourth event organized by the Baconfest team. General admission tickets cost $75.00 and include tasting portions from participating chefs, beverages, a gift bag and a souvenir program. VIP Tickets cost $150.00, which afford guests access to the Festival floor one hour prior to general admission. VIP tickets were put on sale in December and sold out in 3 days.For more information about Baconfest visit http://www.baconfestchicago.com
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot