4th annual Baconfest set for this weekend
April 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If you love bacon, this weekend marks the Super Bowl of the local bacon lover's calendar.
It's the fourth annual Baconfest, going on at the UIC Forum.
And even though it's sold out, there are plenty of local events and dinners going on around the event.
This year, a lot of local restaurants are getting into the spirit and prolonging the cured pork fest with specials and dinners extending well into the next few weeks.
Held annually at the UIC Forum, just minutes from downtown Chicago, Baconfest is an indoor festival dedicated to America's favorite cured meat. Chefs from local and national restaurants riff on the theme of bacon, presenting thousands of guests with tasting portions of bacon-centric dishes. A panel of local food writers award a passel of Golden Rasher trophies to recognize special achievement. Brewers, distillers and mixologists collaborate on the perfect liquid accompaniments. Bacon-makers, crafters and other bacontrepreneurs sample and sell bacon tchtochkes, sweets and crafts in the Vendor Expo.
Baconfest Chicago 2012 is the fourth event organized by the Baconfest team. General admission tickets cost $75.00 and include tasting portions from participating chefs, beverages, a gift bag and a souvenir program. VIP Tickets cost $150.00, which afford guests access to the Festival floor one hour prior to general admission. VIP tickets were put on sale in December and sold out in 3 days.For more information about Baconfest visit http://www.baconfestchicago.com
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos