Argentina asado on Saturday nights at Province
July 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Province, a West Loop restaurant, is recreating a traditional South American feast every Saturday night.
The asado is an Argentinean tradition that brings people together to enjoy food and wine. Typically served family-style, the meal is a real feast.
Province chef and owner Randy Zweiban is creating his own asado every Saturday night at the restaurant.
- On this week's menu:
- 1st course: Seared fresh squid, house-made chorizo, fire roasted peppers
- 2nd course: Charred tomatoes, olives, market greens, country bread, ricotta pecorina
- 3rd course: Slagel Farm boneless pork loin, peaches, grilled potatoes, caramelized onions
- 4th course: Tableton crisps, market blueberries, honey crema, dulce de leche
Cost for the asado is $40 per person and it begins promptly at 5:30 p.m. Cost does not include tax, gratuity or beverage.
Please alert the restaurant of any dietary concerns when making reservations
Province 161 N. Jefferson 312-669-9900 provincerestaurant.com
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 10 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 40 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder 4 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
10 min ago