The Aviary creates craft cocktails from local spirits
April 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Local distilleries like Few, Koval, North Shore, and Letherbee are producing high-quality spirits, including gins and bourbons.
WhiskyFest is coming to Chicago in two weeks -- bringing together some of the city's finest spirits.
There are plenty of craft cocktail lounges in Chicago these days, but one of them is truly unique: The Aviary, located in Chicago's West Loop. The Aviary and its "basement speakeasy," The Office, are home to some of Chicago's, if not the country's, most creative drinks.Charles Joly is in charge of the drink program there, and believe it or not, he is now able to source a lot of locally-produced liquor.
955 W. Fulton Market
- Local Distilleries:
- North Shore
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos