The Aviary creates craft cocktails from local spirits
April 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Local distilleries like Few, Koval, North Shore, and Letherbee are producing high-quality spirits, including gins and bourbons.
WhiskyFest is coming to Chicago in two weeks -- bringing together some of the city's finest spirits.
There are plenty of craft cocktail lounges in Chicago these days, but one of them is truly unique: The Aviary, located in Chicago's West Loop. The Aviary and its "basement speakeasy," The Office, are home to some of Chicago's, if not the country's, most creative drinks.Charles Joly is in charge of the drink program there, and believe it or not, he is now able to source a lot of locally-produced liquor.
955 W. Fulton Market
- Local Distilleries:
- North Shore
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77