The Aviary: Pear Shrub by Charles Joly, using North Shore Aquavit
April 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Local distilleries like Few, Koval, North Shore, and Letherbee are producing high-quality spirits, including gins and bourbons. The Aviary uses the local spirits in some of the country's most creative cocktails.
4 oz shrub*
1/2 oz white port
2 oz North Shore Aquavit
3 oz water
Combine ingredients, carbonate and bottle.
*To make shrub, combine equal parts pear juice, apple cider vinegar and sugar.
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 59 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
56 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
59 min ago