Let's Dish: Mexican Corn
May 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Cooking corn on the cob, husk on, is a great way to improve the flavor, and eating it Mexican-style is even better.
Chris Koetke, host of "Let's Dish" on the "Live Well Network," Has a recipe to slather the corn husks with lime mayonnaise, cheese, and chili powder. You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network (http://livewellnetwork.com/index).
Recipe for Mexican Corn
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus 1-2 hours soaking time)
Cook time: 15-20 minutes or 30-45 minutes
6 ears corn (with husks still on), soaked in cold water for 1-2 hours
Lime mayonnaise (recipe below)
½ cup grated Mexican cheese
Chile powder to taste
1. To grill, place corn on a moderately hot grill. Grill corn for 15-20 minutes. To roast the corn, place on a baking sheet and put in a 375° F oven for 30-45 minutes. To test doneness, peel back some of the husk to see if the kernels are tender.
2. To serve, shuck the corn, slather with with lime mayonnaise, and then sprinkle with cheese, chili powder and salt.
Lime Mayonnaise, cheese, and chile powder
½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons lime juice
Combine mayonnaise and lime juice.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD