Sip and Savor for Special Olympics Chicago - Community Connection
May 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- On Thursday, May 9, 2013, Special Olympics Chicago is hosting a delicious fundraiser. "Sip and Savor" features top Chicago chefs.
"Sip & Savor"
Thursday, May 9, 2013
6 - 9 p.m.
1420 S. Michigan Avenue
$55 in advance
$65 at the door
available at www.eventbrite.com/event/6000500659/es2005/?rank=1#
Chef Robert's Recipes: Pretzel and Beer Mustard
.15 oz/ 9 Grams Fresh Yeast
.75 oz/ 23 Grams Molasses
1.75 C Warm Water
24.5 oz/ 700 Grams All-Purpose Flour
Mix with water/ yeast mixture. Let rise over night.
Roll out in 5-ounce balls and form into pretzel.
Sprinkle with pretzel salt, and drip into a bath of 2 quarts water and 1 cup baking soda.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
1/2 cup black mustard seeds
1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds
1 1/2 cups malt vinegar
2 cups 5 Rabbit Huitzi Midwinter Ale
5 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
Soak the mustard seeds in the beer overnight.
Combine all ingredients, and bring to a boil.
2 teaspoons ground allspice
3/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup dry ground mustard
Puree all in a blender.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos