Sip and Savor for Special Olympics Chicago - Community Connection
May 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- On Thursday, May 9, 2013, Special Olympics Chicago is hosting a delicious fundraiser. "Sip and Savor" features top Chicago chefs.
"Sip & Savor"
Thursday, May 9, 2013
6 - 9 p.m.
1420 S. Michigan Avenue
$55 in advance
$65 at the door
available at www.eventbrite.com/event/6000500659/es2005/?rank=1#
Chef Robert's Recipes: Pretzel and Beer Mustard
.15 oz/ 9 Grams Fresh Yeast
.75 oz/ 23 Grams Molasses
1.75 C Warm Water
24.5 oz/ 700 Grams All-Purpose Flour
Mix with water/ yeast mixture. Let rise over night.
Roll out in 5-ounce balls and form into pretzel.
Sprinkle with pretzel salt, and drip into a bath of 2 quarts water and 1 cup baking soda.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
1/2 cup black mustard seeds
1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds
1 1/2 cups malt vinegar
2 cups 5 Rabbit Huitzi Midwinter Ale
5 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
Soak the mustard seeds in the beer overnight.
Combine all ingredients, and bring to a boil.
2 teaspoons ground allspice
3/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup dry ground mustard
Puree all in a blender.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits