Son joins father at cozy, French bistro Le Bouchon in Bucktown
June 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Le Bouchon in Bucktown is celebrating 20 years in Chicago, an anniversary few restaurants make.
Crocks of French onion soup and plates of tarte tatin have graced Jean-Claude Poilevey's cozy French bistro, Le Bouchon, for 20 years. Now, Poilevey's son, Oliver, is joining him in the kitchen- and adding a few touches of his own to the menu.
1958 N. Damen Ave.
All entrees served this week through Saturday, June 8 will be $19.93 each in celebration of their 20 years (1993-2013).
Onion Tart and Saddle of Rabbit
Charcuterie plate and Grilled Octopus with Merguez Sausage
Grilled Octopus w/ Merguez Sausage
1 lbs baby octopus
4 merguez sausages
4 T harissa
4oz cherry tomatoes
Fresh basil chiffonade
2 oz frisee lettuce
2 stalks celery
1 onion, roughly chopped
3 qt water
½ bottle white wine
Poach octopus in court bouillon until tender, 2-3 hours. Chill octopus and remove beaks. Meanwhile, roast cherry tomatoes until blistered. Grill octopus and merguez, about one minute.
Place a dollop of harissa in center of plate, add octopus and merguez, top with cherry tomatoes, basil and frisee.
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 5 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 23 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
36 min ago
- Let's Dish: Colcannon
22 min ago