Son joins father at cozy, French bistro Le Bouchon in Bucktown
June 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Le Bouchon in Bucktown is celebrating 20 years in Chicago, an anniversary few restaurants make.
Crocks of French onion soup and plates of tarte tatin have graced Jean-Claude Poilevey's cozy French bistro, Le Bouchon, for 20 years. Now, Poilevey's son, Oliver, is joining him in the kitchen- and adding a few touches of his own to the menu.
1958 N. Damen Ave.
All entrees served this week through Saturday, June 8 will be $19.93 each in celebration of their 20 years (1993-2013).
Onion Tart and Saddle of Rabbit
Charcuterie plate and Grilled Octopus with Merguez Sausage
Grilled Octopus w/ Merguez Sausage
1 lbs baby octopus
4 merguez sausages
4 T harissa
4oz cherry tomatoes
Fresh basil chiffonade
2 oz frisee lettuce
2 stalks celery
1 onion, roughly chopped
3 qt water
½ bottle white wine
Poach octopus in court bouillon until tender, 2-3 hours. Chill octopus and remove beaks. Meanwhile, roast cherry tomatoes until blistered. Grill octopus and merguez, about one minute.
Place a dollop of harissa in center of plate, add octopus and merguez, top with cherry tomatoes, basil and frisee.
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home