June 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sangria can be the perfect complement to any summer meal. The best park about making sangria at home is that you can creative and use the flavors you like.
You can make sangria with apricot juice, peach juice and orange juice. When you make sangria at home you want to use high-quality wine. While you don't have to use the vintage you've been saving for a special occasion, think "if you wouldn't want to drink it plain, don't use it for sangria." Nicole Birmingham-Moersch with Round Barn Winery in Baroda, Michigan shares some their recipes. Round Barn Winery invites you to attend their "Reds, Whites and Brews at Round Barn Winery", Saturday July 6th-Sunday, July 7th 1PM-7PM.
Round Barn Winery
10983 Hills Road
Round Barn Sangria
2 bottles Dry Red Wine
1 bottle Farm Market Cranberry Wine
1 ¼ c Lemonade
1 ½ c fruit juice (apricot, peach, etc.)
Sweeten to taste with table sugar
DIRECTIONS: Combine in a large pitcher and chill for several hours.
1 bottle of Round Barn Pinot Gris
1 bottle of Weekend White (crisp, white wine)
1 bottle of Edel Doux (sweet white wine)
Fruit Frozen or fresh fruit (mangos, raspberries, cherries, peaches)
Add Rum and/or Artesia Spumante for a kick
Combine in a large pitcher and chill for several hours.
WINE PAIRINGS TIPS:
People often think about wine pairings with steak and seafood, but rarely do we think about what to pair with wines for the foods we regularly eat at home. When pairing wines with grilled foods, look for intense and full-flavored wines to stand up to the smoky flavors from grilling. Classic grapes, like Chardonnay and Merlot, will pair well with most grilled burgers, chicken and even salads if you're skipping the meat. When in doubt, stick to a tried-and-true favorite wine.
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race 58 min ago
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 29 min ago