Paris Bistro offers authentic pastries
October 5, 2013 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- You wouldn't know it from the outside, since it sits among several chains and across a parking lot from a movie theater, but Paris Bistro offers a unique take on French food.
"Paris Bistro is a small, yet sophisticated restaurant that offers gourmet, fresh French cooking," said Irina Haydon, the owner.
Haydon's reason for opening here? There was nothing like it.
"It started with the fact that I live across the street and I was having a hard time selecting a restaurant other than a chain," she said.
Begin with light and delicate crepes, made-to-order, they can be sweet or savory, like this version stuffed and topped with asparagus, cream and bacon. Or go bistro sleek with a tower of edamame, shredded carrots and wasabi vinaigrette, stacked with diced ahi tuna and fresh guacamole, topped with black and white sesame seeds. Steak frites with a knob of butter is old school, served with a mound of green beans, but save room for dessert: you can choose from among stuffed eclairs, macarons or crème brulee.
"We have some basic things that we make, and then the pastry chef just sort of has specials," said Haydon.
Now with a name like Paris Bistro, you know desserts are gonna be pretty serious business. From gelatos - they've got nearly two dozen flavors - I love the pistachio, to a front case here full of everything from tarts and éclairs and cream puffs, croissant, bread pudding; honestly though, look for the macaron jars, this is the dark horse, these are the hidden gems. Get the hazelnut.
The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as brunch on the weekends.
2835 Show Place Dr., Naperville
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field 8 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport 52 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier...
8 min ago