Paris Bistro offers authentic pastries
October 5, 2013 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- You wouldn't know it from the outside, since it sits among several chains and across a parking lot from a movie theater, but Paris Bistro offers a unique take on French food.
"Paris Bistro is a small, yet sophisticated restaurant that offers gourmet, fresh French cooking," said Irina Haydon, the owner.
Haydon's reason for opening here? There was nothing like it.
"It started with the fact that I live across the street and I was having a hard time selecting a restaurant other than a chain," she said.
Begin with light and delicate crepes, made-to-order, they can be sweet or savory, like this version stuffed and topped with asparagus, cream and bacon. Or go bistro sleek with a tower of edamame, shredded carrots and wasabi vinaigrette, stacked with diced ahi tuna and fresh guacamole, topped with black and white sesame seeds. Steak frites with a knob of butter is old school, served with a mound of green beans, but save room for dessert: you can choose from among stuffed eclairs, macarons or crème brulee.
"We have some basic things that we make, and then the pastry chef just sort of has specials," said Haydon.
Now with a name like Paris Bistro, you know desserts are gonna be pretty serious business. From gelatos - they've got nearly two dozen flavors - I love the pistachio, to a front case here full of everything from tarts and éclairs and cream puffs, croissant, bread pudding; honestly though, look for the macaron jars, this is the dark horse, these are the hidden gems. Get the hazelnut.
The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as brunch on the weekends.
2835 Show Place Dr., Naperville
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 1 min ago
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam 12 min ago
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos