United Center offers new food options
January 18, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A night out at the United Center usually means a beer, but cocktails? Welcome to the Crown Royal Club, where bartenders craft Old Fashioneds and other libations, using freshly-squeezed juices and bitters. Levy Restaurants always makes small tweaks to the food service each year; in 2014, there's a Bar One in the 100 level, with a number of new sandwiches.
"This year, we have a prime rib sandwich which we introduced during the Stanley Cup playoff run and we won the Stanley Cup so we kept the prime rib sandwich," said chef Michael Arcomone of Levy Restaurants.
But there's also a pork tenderloin, resting in a soft bed of mashed potatoes, topped with a fiery giardiniere, meanwhile, lobster claw and tail meat form the backbone of a generous lobster blt roll. Some fans have access to the Ketel One Club - typically through a separate membership. But if you can score a seat here, you face the prospect of barbecued brisket-embedded nachos, showered in jalapenos.. Or a seriously slow-smoked short rib - definitely enough to feed two.
"That's our bone-in short rib that we house smoke for 16 hours and we serve it with some horseradish slaw, some housemade beans and of course a little cornbread, he said. "We say if you can't find something here that you enjoy to eat, you're not looking hard enough because we've got a little bit of everything for everybody."
Now if you're thinking, fancy lobster rolls and prime rib sandwiches and short ribs and you want something a little more basic, like a pretzel? They've got plenty of these too, but even these have a little bit of an upscale twist. You can get regular mustard or, a grainy mustard, with some Crown Royal whisky reduction.
There's also a new Highland Baking Sandwich Shop near section 115, as well as a number of other new food items being served on the 300 level.
For more info on the food options at the UC: http://www.levyrestaurants.com/venues/united-center/
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans