All lanes of Bishop Ford reopened
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Traffic is flowing freely on the Bishop Ford Expressway again after a crash shut part of it down Friday.
A dump truck hit the underside of a bridge overpass around 10 a.m. Friday morning. The accident caused severe damage to the bridge at 115th Street. Traffic was backed up for miles.
The Bishop Ford reopened around midnight despite original reports that it would be Monday morning before that happened.
A boy and his father were in a sedan that ran into the trailer. The gravel cushioned the impact and they were not hurt.
The truck's driver, Donald Hoth, was taken to the hospital. He Is expected to recover from his injuries.
Hoth was cited for failure to secure a vehicle, which was also over the height limit. He was also cited for driving too fast for conditions.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 47 min ago
- Girl, about 3, found dead in Riverdale woods
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 12 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 50 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues 27 min ago
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
50 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos