Kennedy ramps to reopen
December 7, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two busy ramps and two new lanes on the Kennedy Expressway will open on Friday.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, commuters can look forward to these changes by the end of the week:
The changes were part of a project to provide longer and safer merge areas along the expressway.
Work continues on the inbound ramps at Monroe, Adams and Jackson through spring of 2010.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship