Edens Spur resurfacing to begin despite strike
July 5, 2010 (WLS) -- The strike involving thousands of construction workers continued Monday, but it won't stop a resurfacing project on a section of a north suburban expressway.
Work is scheduled to begin Tuesday on the five-mile stretch of Edens Spur.
The road will be taken down to one lane in each direction.
Traffic sensors, live cameras and message boards will be updating motorists on travel times and conditions.
The strike that halted dozens of other state and local highway projects does not affect tollway construction due to a previous labor pact.
The work on the Edens, between I-94 and the Tri-State Tollway, will continue through the end of the year.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 31 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary 20 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly...
34 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
31 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last...
20 min ago