Edens Spur resurfacing to begin despite strike
July 5, 2010 (WLS) -- The strike involving thousands of construction workers continued Monday, but it won't stop a resurfacing project on a section of a north suburban expressway.
Work is scheduled to begin Tuesday on the five-mile stretch of Edens Spur.
The road will be taken down to one lane in each direction.
Traffic sensors, live cameras and message boards will be updating motorists on travel times and conditions.
The strike that halted dozens of other state and local highway projects does not affect tollway construction due to a previous labor pact.
The work on the Edens, between I-94 and the Tri-State Tollway, will continue through the end of the year.
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos