Edens Spur resurfacing to begin despite strike
July 5, 2010 (WLS) -- The strike involving thousands of construction workers continued Monday, but it won't stop a resurfacing project on a section of a north suburban expressway.
Work is scheduled to begin Tuesday on the five-mile stretch of Edens Spur.
The road will be taken down to one lane in each direction.
Traffic sensors, live cameras and message boards will be updating motorists on travel times and conditions.
The strike that halted dozens of other state and local highway projects does not affect tollway construction due to a previous labor pact.
The work on the Edens, between I-94 and the Tri-State Tollway, will continue through the end of the year.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night 10 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos