Winter construction to start on Upper, Lower Wacker
December 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Enjoy driving around downtown Chicago for the next week, because on January 3, work will resume on the Upper and Lower Wacker Drive reconstruction project.
Upper Wacker will be closed from Randolph to just south of Washington. The corresponding intersections will also be closed.
Lower Wacker Drive will be open to local traffic only.
To accommodate traffic because of the closures Franklin will be converted to a two-way street from Wacker to Van Buren.
This is the second of three phases of the project, which is scheduled for completion in December of 2012.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos