What happens if you're in the wrong toll lane?
February 24, 2011 (WLS) -- If you mistakenly find yourself in an unattended lane or in a dedicated I-PASS lane, you must continue forward for safety reasons. You cannot back-up at any time as it is unsafe.
Be sure to go online or pay by mail within the 7-day grace period.
The Illinois Tollway recommends drivers have the following information available:
- Name of registered vehicle owner
- Plate State/Number/Type (specialty plates must be identified)
- Unpaid Toll: Location/Plaza/Date/Time
The Illinois Tollway tries to share this information with customers in a variety of ways including on its Web site www.illinoistollway.com, in monthly e-newsletters and also on signs posted at a number of toll plazas throughout the Tollway system.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 35 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court 19 min ago
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos