What happens if you're in the wrong toll lane?
February 24, 2011 (WLS) -- If you mistakenly find yourself in an unattended lane or in a dedicated I-PASS lane, you must continue forward for safety reasons. You cannot back-up at any time as it is unsafe.
Be sure to go online or pay by mail within the 7-day grace period.
The Illinois Tollway recommends drivers have the following information available:
- Name of registered vehicle owner
- Plate State/Number/Type (specialty plates must be identified)
- Unpaid Toll: Location/Plaza/Date/Time
The Illinois Tollway tries to share this information with customers in a variety of ways including on its Web site www.illinoistollway.com, in monthly e-newsletters and also on signs posted at a number of toll plazas throughout the Tollway system.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 9 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
14 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
9 min ago