Bay Area Traffic
Bay Bridge closure just three days away
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The big closure is just three days away.
The Bay Bridge will close starting late in the evening on Wednesday, August 28. It will last for up to five full days over the long Labor Day holiday. The bridge, with its new eastern span, is scheduled to reopen by Tuesday, September 3.
AC Transit is offering extra bus service to some East Bay BART stations to help people catch a train to get across the bay during the closure.
BART will be operating trains around-the-clock at several stations.
The San Francisco Bay ferry is expanding its schedule.
And if you have to drive during the shutdown, download ABC7's exclusive Waze traffic app to get around the gridlock.
bay bridge, earthquake, oakland, traffic, construction, caltrans, metropolitan transportation commission, labor day, transportation, bikes, fastrak, bay area traffic
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 2 min ago
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine says
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
2 min ago