Bay Area Traffic
Bay Bridge closure just three days away
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The big closure is just three days away.
The Bay Bridge will close starting late in the evening on Wednesday, August 28. It will last for up to five full days over the long Labor Day holiday. The bridge, with its new eastern span, is scheduled to reopen by Tuesday, September 3.
AC Transit is offering extra bus service to some East Bay BART stations to help people catch a train to get across the bay during the closure.
BART will be operating trains around-the-clock at several stations.
The San Francisco Bay ferry is expanding its schedule.
And if you have to drive during the shutdown, download ABC7's exclusive Waze traffic app to get around the gridlock.
bay bridge, earthquake, oakland, traffic, construction, caltrans, metropolitan transportation commission, labor day, transportation, bikes, fastrak, bay area traffic
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting 4 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 50 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway 59 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
4 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on...
50 min ago