Bay Area Traffic
Bay Bridge closure just three days away
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The big closure is just three days away.
The Bay Bridge will close starting late in the evening on Wednesday, August 28. It will last for up to five full days over the long Labor Day holiday. The bridge, with its new eastern span, is scheduled to reopen by Tuesday, September 3.
AC Transit is offering extra bus service to some East Bay BART stations to help people catch a train to get across the bay during the closure.
BART will be operating trains around-the-clock at several stations.
The San Francisco Bay ferry is expanding its schedule.
And if you have to drive during the shutdown, download ABC7's exclusive Waze traffic app to get around the gridlock.
bay bridge, earthquake, oakland, traffic, construction, caltrans, metropolitan transportation commission, labor day, transportation, bikes, fastrak, bay area traffic
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos