Bay Area Traffic
Bay Bridge closure just three days away
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The big closure is just three days away.
The Bay Bridge will close starting late in the evening on Wednesday, August 28. It will last for up to five full days over the long Labor Day holiday. The bridge, with its new eastern span, is scheduled to reopen by Tuesday, September 3.
AC Transit is offering extra bus service to some East Bay BART stations to help people catch a train to get across the bay during the closure.
BART will be operating trains around-the-clock at several stations.
The San Francisco Bay ferry is expanding its schedule.
And if you have to drive during the shutdown, download ABC7's exclusive Waze traffic app to get around the gridlock.
bay bridge, earthquake, oakland, traffic, construction, caltrans, metropolitan transportation commission, labor day, transportation, bikes, fastrak, bay area traffic
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 16 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 58 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 51 min ago
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago 20 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine 11 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
58 min ago