Chicago weather: Temperatures to fall -- fast -- Thursday afternoon
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Big changes in Chicago weather; temperatures could drop as much as 30-degrees Thursday afternoon into Friday morning.
- VIDEO: ABC7 Weather Forecast
- INTERACTIVE: Street-Level Radar
- PHOTO GALLERY: Fall photos from the Chicago area
Grab your coat. You're gonna need it tonight.
Don't let a beautiful morning and early afternoon fool you. Temperatures will reach into the high 70s Thursday, but they'll start to fall around 3 p.m. And once they start falling, they'll stay low -- through the weekend.
"This potent cold front swinging through today will cause the weekend to feel more like mid-November!" ABC7 7 Meteorologist Tracy Butler said.
Between 3 and 5 p.m. Thursday, the cold front will come through, dropping temperatures.
"Into the 50s for most of us by evening," Butler said. Along with cold, comes the wind and possibly a line of rain.
By Friday morning, it could be 25 to 30-degrees colder, with temperatures in the 40s, and even 30s.
weather, tracy butler
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 17 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 38 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting 36 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway 21 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 51 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
17 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos