Chicago weather: Temperatures to fall -- fast -- Thursday afternoon
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Big changes in Chicago weather; temperatures could drop as much as 30-degrees Thursday afternoon into Friday morning.
- VIDEO: ABC7 Weather Forecast
- INTERACTIVE: Street-Level Radar
- PHOTO GALLERY: Fall photos from the Chicago area
Grab your coat. You're gonna need it tonight.
Don't let a beautiful morning and early afternoon fool you. Temperatures will reach into the high 70s Thursday, but they'll start to fall around 3 p.m. And once they start falling, they'll stay low -- through the weekend.
"This potent cold front swinging through today will cause the weekend to feel more like mid-November!" ABC7 7 Meteorologist Tracy Butler said.
Between 3 and 5 p.m. Thursday, the cold front will come through, dropping temperatures.
"Into the 50s for most of us by evening," Butler said. Along with cold, comes the wind and possibly a line of rain.
By Friday morning, it could be 25 to 30-degrees colder, with temperatures in the 40s, and even 30s.
weather, tracy butler
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 4 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore 2 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos