Chicago weather: Temperatures to fall -- fast -- Thursday afternoon
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Big changes in Chicago weather; temperatures could drop as much as 30-degrees Thursday afternoon into Friday morning.
- VIDEO: ABC7 Weather Forecast
- INTERACTIVE: Street-Level Radar
- PHOTO GALLERY: Fall photos from the Chicago area
Grab your coat. You're gonna need it tonight.
Don't let a beautiful morning and early afternoon fool you. Temperatures will reach into the high 70s Thursday, but they'll start to fall around 3 p.m. And once they start falling, they'll stay low -- through the weekend.
"This potent cold front swinging through today will cause the weekend to feel more like mid-November!" ABC7 7 Meteorologist Tracy Butler said.
Between 3 and 5 p.m. Thursday, the cold front will come through, dropping temperatures.
"Into the 50s for most of us by evening," Butler said. Along with cold, comes the wind and possibly a line of rain.
By Friday morning, it could be 25 to 30-degrees colder, with temperatures in the 40s, and even 30s.
weather, tracy butler
- CPS adds 3 schools to turnaround list 15 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- BNSF Metra trains moving again after semi crash at Kedzie 8 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK 50 min ago
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos