Chicago weather: Temperatures to fall -- fast -- Thursday afternoon
October 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Big changes in Chicago weather; temperatures could drop as much as 30-degrees Thursday afternoon into Friday morning.
- VIDEO: ABC7 Weather Forecast
- INTERACTIVE: Street-Level Radar
- PHOTO GALLERY: Fall photos from the Chicago area
Grab your coat. You're gonna need it tonight.
Don't let a beautiful morning and early afternoon fool you. Temperatures will reach into the high 70s Thursday, but they'll start to fall around 3 p.m. And once they start falling, they'll stay low -- through the weekend.
"This potent cold front swinging through today will cause the weekend to feel more like mid-November!" ABC7 7 Meteorologist Tracy Butler said.
Between 3 and 5 p.m. Thursday, the cold front will come through, dropping temperatures.
"Into the 50s for most of us by evening," Butler said. Along with cold, comes the wind and possibly a line of rain.
By Friday morning, it could be 25 to 30-degrees colder, with temperatures in the 40s, and even 30s.
weather, tracy butler
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Food additive believed to be substance at Dunes beach
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos