Severe storms delay concerts, bring relief from heat
July 19, 2013 (WLS) -- A line of thunderstorms moved through the Chicago area on Friday night. With them, a cold front brought much-needed relief from the heat.
On Friday night, radar indicated a severe thunderstorm that prompted warnings in Cook and DuPage counties. The main hazards were damaging wind gusts and frequent cloud-to-ground lightning. In Waukegan, power lines and tree limbs were downed, but people say the storms moved through quickly.
- CPS adds 3 schools to turnaround list 6 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Vets raise money to build WWII submarine memorial 21 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- BNSF Metra trains moving again after semi crash at Kedzie 34 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos