Severe storms delay concerts, bring relief from heat
July 19, 2013 (WLS) -- A line of thunderstorms moved through the Chicago area on Friday night. With them, a cold front brought much-needed relief from the heat.
On Friday night, radar indicated a severe thunderstorm that prompted warnings in Cook and DuPage counties. The main hazards were damaging wind gusts and frequent cloud-to-ground lightning. In Waukegan, power lines and tree limbs were downed, but people say the storms moved through quickly.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 46 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert 41 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
23 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
46 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
41 min ago