John Neidecker, DO, ATC is a a Sports Medicine Physician and Certified Concussion Specialist at the Cooper Bone and Joint Institute, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery .
He joined Cooper's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery from the renowned Cleveland Clinic, where he completed his Sports Medicine fellowship. He completed his residency in Family Medicine and earned his medical degree at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford. There, he served as the Chief Resident on staff. He is board-certified in family practice and sports medicine.
At the Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Neidecker was responsible for serving as physician coverage for the Cleveland Indians (MLB), the Lake Erie Crushers, as well as local college and high school athletics. He also provided a weekly injury clinic just for student-athletes. Dr. Neidecker has special interests in sports-concussion management, plasma-rich platelet therapy, and ringside medicine. He has experience in the management of mixed-martial arts and boxing, and will continue to do that in the state of New Jersey.
Dr. Neidecker is an active member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, the American Osteopathic Association of Sports Medicine, American Osteopathic Association, the Association of Ringside Physicians, and the National Athletic Trainers Association, as well as, various state and local medical societies.
* All comments are screened by a member of the Action News at 4 staff.
* Not all comments submitted into the chat room will be posted.
* You increase the chances of having your comment posted if it pertains to the subject matter of the chat.
* Use of profane language, threats against chat guests or other chat participants, or beligerent/excessive commenting will not be tolerated. A block will be put in place, preventing your comments from making it into the chat room.
* You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own judgment when evaluating information provided through any communication service, and remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions is your own and you should perform your own research prior to making any decisions.