6ABC Action News At 4
"Balloon boy" parents want to sell balloon
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) - June 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- The former Colorado couple that told authorities their son floated away in a helium balloon have made a video saying they'll auction off the inflatable to raise money for Japanese earthquake and tsunami relief.
Rausher confirmed to the Coloradoan he is working with the Heenes.
The Heenes' son wasn't inside the balloon when it floated away in 2009. Mayumi Heene served 20 days in jail for filing a false report. Richard Heene served 30 days in jail for a felony count of attempting to influence a public servant.
Terms of their probation say they can't profit from their story until 2013.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 22 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 28 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos