6ABC Action News At 4
Garden bringing beauty, food to Center City
CENTER CITY - June 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's being called a temporary oasis and it's much more than a feast for the eyes.
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society celebrated the opening of this Pop Up garden today, on what was a vacant lot at 20th and Market in Center City.
Six local chefs plan to use ingredients grown in the garden in dishes at their restaurants, and the proceeds will benefit City Harvest, which provides fresh produce for underserved city residents.
You can eat the chef's creations at:
R2L by chef Daniel Stern
Square 1682 by chef Guillermo Tellez
Table 31 by chef Chris Scarduzio
Sampan by chef Michael Schulson
Barbuzzo by chef Marcie Turney
Paradiso by chef Lynn Marie Rinaldi
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, set up the temporary garden in partnership with Brandywine Realty Trust and Independence Blue Cross.
The PHS Pops Up Garden also features an exhibit of sustainable gardening originally created for the 2011 Philadelphia International Flower Show by Temple University Ambler staff and students.
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos