6ABC Action News At 4
Garden bringing beauty, food to Center City
CENTER CITY - June 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's being called a temporary oasis and it's much more than a feast for the eyes.
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society celebrated the opening of this Pop Up garden today, on what was a vacant lot at 20th and Market in Center City.
Six local chefs plan to use ingredients grown in the garden in dishes at their restaurants, and the proceeds will benefit City Harvest, which provides fresh produce for underserved city residents.
You can eat the chef's creations at:
R2L by chef Daniel Stern
Square 1682 by chef Guillermo Tellez
Table 31 by chef Chris Scarduzio
Sampan by chef Michael Schulson
Barbuzzo by chef Marcie Turney
Paradiso by chef Lynn Marie Rinaldi
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, set up the temporary garden in partnership with Brandywine Realty Trust and Independence Blue Cross.
The PHS Pops Up Garden also features an exhibit of sustainable gardening originally created for the 2011 Philadelphia International Flower Show by Temple University Ambler staff and students.
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 23 min ago
- Soupy Situation 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire 26 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying 24 min ago
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept. 9 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 4 min ago
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
23 min ago
- Soupy Situation
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos