6ABC Action News At 4
Call for Action Results: Loan problem resolved
PHILADELPHIA - June 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- One of the most common complaints our Call for Action volunteers receive has to do with foreclosures and mortgage loan modifications.
Here is an example of one case they were able to successfully resolve.
"My boyfriend and I bought this house together about 4 1/2 years ago," Daria Gland told Action News.
Sadly, Daria's boyfriend passed away, and she could no longer afford the mortgage on just her salary. So Daria called the bank about getting a loan modification so she would have a smaller, more affordable payment.
"I was able to meet all the qualifications to sign up for it, so I signed up for it," she said. "I got the package in the mail. I sent everything in like I was supposed to."
But Daria says instead of getting a loan modification, she just got the run-around. She says bank representatives kept insisting she send in the same documents over and over again.
"So probably nine months or so went by. And they were denying me [the loan], saying I didn't send in my bank statement, and I knew I sent it in. So I was a little frustrated. Like, "Well, I'm sending these documents over and over again. I don't understand how many times it can be messed up.'"
That's when Daria reached out for help from our Call for Action volunteers via email. And finally, Daria got someone at the bank to call her back.
"So I definitely think it was a big help, and I am glad that I did contact Channel 6 and I was able to get my modification approved," she said.
And as always, if you have any consumer issue you'd like help getting resolved, our volunteers are here to help. The CFA hotline number is 1-866-978-4232, that's 1-866-WPVI-CFA.
Here are the links featured on the air and in today's story:
Save Your Home Philly hotline: 215-334-HOME
Don't Borrow Trouble hotline (for people who live in the suburbs): 1-888-275-8843
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 42 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water 55 min ago
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover 15 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 40 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 53 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
42 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated...
55 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
24 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos