6ABC Action News At 4
Call for Action Results: Computer issue resolved
PHILADELPHIA - July 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Richard Weinstein lost internet service on his new computer. When he called the manufacturer, he was told that he needed to buy new software.
"I said 'Why do I have to purchase that? I have a brand new computer.' And I had a warranty," Richard told Action News. "They said, 'Your warranty is not going to cover this. So you're going to have to purchase this software - or you're not getting any internet. It's either one or the other.'"
Richard says the company billed his credit card for the software without his approval. And when he tried calling Customer Service to get the charge taken off, Richard says he had a hard time understanding a lot of the representatives.
"That was another big problem," he explained. "Every time I spoke to someone and tried to get help, no one spoke English."
So he contacted the Call for Action volunteers.
"They pushed it along," said Richard. "They were able to get me someone, like a high level supervisor, so they can push the problem along faster."
Richard says just a couple weeks later, his computer was finally fixed, and the software charge was taken off. Richard says none of that would have happened without Call for Action.
"The service was excellent. They got on the problem immediately. They kept me updated and it was fast," he said.
As always, if you have any consumer issue you'd like help getting resolved, our volunteers are here to help. The CFA hotline number is 1-866-978-4232, that's 1-866-WPVI-CFA.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 36 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 20 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 45 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 34 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 8 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
34 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos