6ABC Action News At 4
$2,000 reward in search for fast food bandit
PHILADELPHIA - August 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking to identify the man who they say is responsible for breaking into one fast food joint and robbing another.
The first incident happened on Tuesday at approximately 9:05 p.m. when the man entered the Wendy's restaurant located at 5534 Wayne Avenue in Germantown. He walked in and headed directly to the hallways leading to the bathrooms so that he could put on a black knit ski mask over his head and face. He also then pulled out a handgun from his waistband and headed to the store counter.
The suspect walked directly to the cashier, pointed his gun at her stomach and demanded her to hand over money. He then took an undetermined amount of cash and fled the scene, running eastbound on West Maple Street.
Then early Thursday at approximately 2:54 a.m., a man used a rock to smash through the drive thru window of the McDonald's restaurant located at 2211 Stenton Avenue in East Mount Airy. Armed with a handgun, the man climbed through the window and into the restaurant.
Once inside, the suspect walked toward the office in the rear of the store. Store employees managed to flee, and the suspect ended up fleeing as well - retreating through the drive thru window empty handed.
There were no injuries in either incident.
Police believe the same man is responsible for both incidents. He is described as a black male, early 30's, brown skin tone, 5'10" - 6'0", thin, muscular build, multiple tattoos on both arms (mostly in black ink), bald, possibly some light facial hair, white sleeveless tee shirt, beige khaki pants, carrying a black handgun.
A $2,000 reward is being offered by Wendy's, McDonald's and the Citizens Crime Commission for information leading to an arrest and conviction. If you have information call 215-546-TIPS.
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 16 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
37 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
16 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos