6ABC Action News At 4
Call for Action Results: Summertime successes
PHILADELPHIA - September 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Over the summer, every week, we showed you all kinds of ways our Call for Action volunteers have been making a difference.
Here's a recap of just some of the ways they've done that.
Who could forget Verna Cole? We interviewed her after Call for Action helped get her sister, Mitzie, relocated to a different health care facility, a facility Verna told us was much better for her sister's needs.
"I even remember the name of the woman I talked to. Bonnie. She was a Godsend," Verna told Action News.
Beth Delone says the CFA volunteer who resolved her case was a Godsend, too.
Call for Action helped Beth get a refund of more than $1,000 from an airline after the family's flight to Florida was cancelled due to a pilot's strike.
"This house, when I moved here, it was abandoned," Dorothy Wilson told us as she showed us the home that sits right next to hers.
After CFA got involved, the city of Philadelphia started demolition on it.
"I'm very relieved," said Dorothy. "I feel much better that at least we can see now what's going on here."
"The service was excellent," said Richard Weinstein of Northeast Philadelphia. "They got on the problem immediately. They kept me updated, and it was fast."
CFA helped Richard Weinstein get his computer fixed and an unauthorized charge for software taken off his account.
"I was amazed," said Michelle Collins of Brooklawn, New Jersey. "I would tell anybody if there is anything out like that to try them first, especially if you know you're right."
Michelle is grateful after Call for Action helped her get a refund from a dentist for a root canal that got infected.
And finally, our volunteers helped Daria Gland of Newark, Delaware get a loan modification after her boyfriend passed away and she couldn't afford the mortgage on her salary alone.
"It was a big help, and I'm glad that I did contact Channel 6 and I was able to get my modification approved."
As always, if you have any consumer issue you'd like help getting resolved, our volunteers are here to help you. The CFA hotline number is 1-866-978-4232, that's 1-866-WPVI-CFA.
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 34 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 44 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 51 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
1 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos