6ABC Action News At 4
Behind the Scenes of The Chew
September 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Starting Monday, 6abc will be home to The Chew at 1 p.m.
It's a brand new show where 5 foodies bring something different to the table. Mario Batali, Iron Chef; Michael Symon, Top Chef Contender; Carla Hall, chef; Nutrition expert Daphne Oz; What Not to Wear's style expert Clinton Kelly talk, teach and eat.
For Iron Chef Michael Symon, he faces daily challenge is "5, 5 in 5." He must use 5 ingredients that cost less than $5 and prepare it all in less than 5 minutes.
"It's like a mini 'Iron Chef' every day!" Symon told Action News. "Why do I always have to cook against the clock?"
Top Chef contender Carla Hall brings her soulful, southern style and she's also stirring things up by giving culinary mistakes a most delicious makeover
"It's all about gonna be moments. It came about because I messed up," said Hall. "I can't tell you how many times in the kitchen so I am all about the recovery. It's gonna be OK, It's gonna be OK."
Daphne Oz serves up a fresh twist on healthy living, and you might call Clinton Kelly of "What Not to Wear" fame "The Head Chef."
Or as he likes to call it: "I'm like the host at a party."
A party where a lucky few get a seat at the tasting table!
"It's always the best seat at a restaurant! This is the best seat in town - you know a lot of my restaurants have chefs tables. We have a 'Chew' table and I mean this is going to be a hot ticket. People are going to be fighting over this seat right here!"
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos