6ABC Action News At 4
Last working farm in Cherry Hill, N.J.
CHERRY HILL, NJ - October 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Fall is in full swing. The trees are a cornucopia of colors and autumnal activities abound.
From pumpkin picking to hayrides to fall's freshest foods, including delicious desserts, one family farm has been steeped in Cherry Hill history for more than 60 years.
A maze of 35 organic fruits and vegetables, Springdale Farm is the last working one in Cherry Hill.
Farming isn't just rooted in John Ebert family's history. "It goes deep and wide," he says. "There are six generations on one side and seven generations on the other."
Back in 1949, the Eberts purchased the sprawling stretch of close to 100 acres, and landed a major contract with Campbell Soup in Camden.
"We grew tomatoes and herbs for the cannery," he says.
Today, if they grow it, they sell it.
From pumpkins to hayrides to pies and quickbreads, you've got gourds of fun ripe for the picking.
But save room for their savory, warm and happy little appl-y, cinnamon-y, apple cider donuts.
"It's the apple cider that makes them great," Ebert says. "There's actual apple cider in with the mix."
It's a real taste of autumn!
Springdale Farm Market
1638 South Springdale Rd
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos