6ABC Action News At 4
Last working farm in Cherry Hill, N.J.
CHERRY HILL, NJ - October 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Fall is in full swing. The trees are a cornucopia of colors and autumnal activities abound.
From pumpkin picking to hayrides to fall's freshest foods, including delicious desserts, one family farm has been steeped in Cherry Hill history for more than 60 years.
A maze of 35 organic fruits and vegetables, Springdale Farm is the last working one in Cherry Hill.
Farming isn't just rooted in John Ebert family's history. "It goes deep and wide," he says. "There are six generations on one side and seven generations on the other."
Back in 1949, the Eberts purchased the sprawling stretch of close to 100 acres, and landed a major contract with Campbell Soup in Camden.
"We grew tomatoes and herbs for the cannery," he says.
Today, if they grow it, they sell it.
From pumpkins to hayrides to pies and quickbreads, you've got gourds of fun ripe for the picking.
But save room for their savory, warm and happy little appl-y, cinnamon-y, apple cider donuts.
"It's the apple cider that makes them great," Ebert says. "There's actual apple cider in with the mix."
It's a real taste of autumn!
Springdale Farm Market
1638 South Springdale Rd
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos