6ABC Action News At 4
Workers stuck high in the air in Morristown
MORRISTOWN, N.J. -- Two workers needed rescue after getting stuck in a crane approximately 75 feet off the ground.
The rescue unfolded outside the Morristown United Methodist Church in Morristown, New Jersey.
The workers became stuck in the crane just after 2:00 p.m.
Another crane was raised, but could not reach them.
A third crane was then raised, but it also came up about ten feet short.
A state police helicopter arrived on the scene around 3:45 p.m.
According to officials, they were going to attempt to rescue the men by hoisting them from the crane.
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 39 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online 13 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims 23 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 23 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 51 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Street-level interactive weather map
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos