6ABC Action News At 4
Little cancer patient's wish: Watch my video
BENSALEM, Pa. - January 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Today we had the pleasure of meeting a very brave little girl who shows us the power of positivity, and the power of song.
Five-year-old Sophia Pasquarella is battling cancer, and she's also breaking down barriers for anyone who has ever overcome odds.
And she's doing it...on the internet.
With every person who hears her sing, Sophia's family says she feels a little better, a little stronger. In fact, they tell me music is her medicine.
"I wanted to be a YouTube sensation," Sophia told Action News.
So with one Selena Gomez song and some help from her number one fan, her dad, more than 22,000 people viewed Sophia's big dream on YouTube.
Sophia was diagnosed with leukemia this past Memorial Day and her parents say her music is part of her treatment, a sort of therapy set to her favorite tunes.
"It brings tears to my eyes," Pete Pasquarella, Sophia's dad said. "It's great that she is inspiring these other people."
Sophia plays guitar and she shows other kids with cancer that it's OK that they are just normal kids.
She is a normal 5-year-old girl, so why stop at one hit? We were there as Sophia the sensation recorded her second song for her YouTube faithful: "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus.
She just shows you that no matter what disease you have no matter what the circumstance is, if you just stay positive, you can walk around with a smile on your face.
Her parents say they know she is a superstar with or without the YouTube views. While they appreciate the offers many people have made to donate money, they say this is not about raising funds, it's about raising Sophia's spirits through song.
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 13 min ago
- Storm Tracker 6 and AccuWeather
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 51 min ago
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution 30 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by...
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos