6ABC Action News At 4
Little cancer patient's wish: Watch my video
BENSALEM, Pa. - January 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Today we had the pleasure of meeting a very brave little girl who shows us the power of positivity, and the power of song.
Five-year-old Sophia Pasquarella is battling cancer, and she's also breaking down barriers for anyone who has ever overcome odds.
And she's doing it...on the internet.
With every person who hears her sing, Sophia's family says she feels a little better, a little stronger. In fact, they tell me music is her medicine.
"I wanted to be a YouTube sensation," Sophia told Action News.
So with one Selena Gomez song and some help from her number one fan, her dad, more than 22,000 people viewed Sophia's big dream on YouTube.
Sophia was diagnosed with leukemia this past Memorial Day and her parents say her music is part of her treatment, a sort of therapy set to her favorite tunes.
"It brings tears to my eyes," Pete Pasquarella, Sophia's dad said. "It's great that she is inspiring these other people."
Sophia plays guitar and she shows other kids with cancer that it's OK that they are just normal kids.
She is a normal 5-year-old girl, so why stop at one hit? We were there as Sophia the sensation recorded her second song for her YouTube faithful: "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus.
She just shows you that no matter what disease you have no matter what the circumstance is, if you just stay positive, you can walk around with a smile on your face.
Her parents say they know she is a superstar with or without the YouTube views. While they appreciate the offers many people have made to donate money, they say this is not about raising funds, it's about raising Sophia's spirits through song.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey 2 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing 2 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos