6ABC Action News At 4
FDA investigating dog treats
March 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Food and Drug Administration is investigating dogs getting sick, even dying from eating certain dog treats.
Waggin' Train Chicken Jerky Tenders, Canyon Creek Ranch jerky treats and Milo's Kitchen Home-Style Dog Treats are the brand names being checked out by the FDA.
There have been reports of at least 600 dog illnesses in the U.S. linked to those brands.
Pet owners and veterinarians say the animals experienced kidney failure and other serious ailments after eating the treats.
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos