6ABC Action News At 4
FDA investigating dog treats
March 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Food and Drug Administration is investigating dogs getting sick, even dying from eating certain dog treats.
Waggin' Train Chicken Jerky Tenders, Canyon Creek Ranch jerky treats and Milo's Kitchen Home-Style Dog Treats are the brand names being checked out by the FDA.
There have been reports of at least 600 dog illnesses in the U.S. linked to those brands.
Pet owners and veterinarians say the animals experienced kidney failure and other serious ailments after eating the treats.
- Snow today, heavy at times 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 10 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 20 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather 46 min ago
- Video: David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse... 34 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware 36 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton 36 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton 53 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 52 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
3 min ago
- David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse...
34 min ago
- Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware
36 min ago
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp....
52 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos