6ABC Action News At 4
NASA wants your help!
April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you own a telescope or consider yourself a star-gazer, this one is for you.
NASA is calling on anyone who fancies themselves an amateur astronomer to help them track down asteroids.
The space agency is trying learn more about "near-earth-Objects" like asteroids. Scientists want to know where they are, how they move and how much light they give off, all ahead of launch scheduled for 2016.
The project is called Target Asteroids.
If you want to learn more, you can follow this link to NASA's information. You can also get more information at the University of Arizona website
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos