6ABC Action News At 4
NASA wants your help!
April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you own a telescope or consider yourself a star-gazer, this one is for you.
NASA is calling on anyone who fancies themselves an amateur astronomer to help them track down asteroids.
The space agency is trying learn more about "near-earth-Objects" like asteroids. Scientists want to know where they are, how they move and how much light they give off, all ahead of launch scheduled for 2016.
The project is called Target Asteroids.
If you want to learn more, you can follow this link to NASA's information. You can also get more information at the University of Arizona website
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 24 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 23 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
23 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos